Colic and reflux can affect many young babies and cause discomfort and distress for you and your baby. Our ClevaFoam® Reflux Wedge is designed to help ease the discomfort caused by reflux, colic and nasal congestion, as well as aiding digestion by gently elevating your baby. With safety in mind, the harness helps your baby remain in a safe position.
Made using our advanced ClevaFoam® technology, it supports your baby's rapidly growing body and developing joints and protects the round shape of your baby's soft head to help prevent Flat Head Syndrome (Plagiocephaly). It is scientifically proven to reduce pressure on the back of your baby's head by 50% and to increase support by 80% (Trinity College, University of Dublin, Ireland).
Uniquely formulated ClevaFoam® with its open cell structure is 100% breathable, has significantly reduced heat retention and is remarkably light weight. For your baby's comfort and safety, it is hypo-allergenic, pH balanced, toxin and formaldehyde free. Ideal for babies with asthma and allergies.
Removable and machine washable cover with anti-slip base.
Once your baby is able to roll or wiggle over freely, the ClevaFoam® Reflux Wedge is no longer effective in positioning your baby and its use should be discounted.
Washing Instructions for removable cover:
Your product comes with waterproof lining and can be easily removed for washing. The Wedge itself may be washed very occasionally and very gently by hand using a mild detergent. Gently press excess water from the wedge and allow to dry flat.
IMPORTANT! KEEP FOR FURTHER REFERENCE. Safety is a shared responsibility. Although this product has been manufactured according to all safety standards and requirements, we need your help in order to keep your child safe and failure to follow these instructions for use may cause serious injury or damage to your child.
To prevent serious injury or death:
- NEVER leave your child unattended.
- Use only under adult supervision.
- Always keep your child in view when in product.
- Not intended for prolonged period of sleeping.
- To avoid possible entanglement or strangulation, do not add additional strings or straps to the product.
- Only use this product on the floor.
- Place the product on an even, horizontal and dry surface. Never place this product on elevated surfaces e.g. a table.
- Not intended for carrying baby.
- Do not use this product once your child can sit unaided or can push himself up on his knees or hands.
- Pay special attention to warnings for safety, in order to prevent possible injury to your child.
- Examine product frequently for damage, missing or loose parts. Do not use if product is damaged.
- A child's movement can slide this product.
- NEVER place this product on counter-tops, tables on or near steps or on other elevated surfaces.
- ALWAYS USE THE FLOOR.
NEVER use on a soft surface (bed, sofa, and cushion) as this product may tip over and cause suffocation.
Remove all packaging from this item and dispose of carefully to avoid suffocation.
NOTE - It is not advised to swaddle baby on the ClevaFoam® Reflux Wedge. The ClevaFoam® Reflux Wedge is designed to allow your babies legs extend over the end of the wedge.
- All foam products are packed for safety and transportation and require time when unpacked to return to original shape and size.
- Please remove the product from all packaging and allow to air for a period of 48 hours before use.
- Optimum room temperature for best performance should be 18°C.
ClevaFoam® technology supports your baby's rapidly growing body and developing joints, it protects the round shape of your baby's soft head to help prevent Plagiocephaly (Flat Head Syndrome).
It is the only product scientifically proven to reduce pressure on the back of a baby's head by 50% and to increase support by 80% (Trinity College, University of Dublin, Ireland). And is ideal for babies and children who suffer from asthma and allergies.
Plagiocephaly is the condition when part of a baby's head becomes flattened due to continued pressure on one spot.
For the ultimate support and protection for your baby, a significant proportion of our product range is made with ClevaFoam® technology: Mattresses, Pillows, ClevaCushions, ClevaSleep® Pods and many more.
What is ClevaFoam® made of?
ClevaFoam® is made from low resilience polyurethane foam.
Is ClevaFoam® the same as memory foam?
No, they share many features but have one great difference, namely the cell structure. Standard or normal memory foam is usually a closed cell structure which makes it heavy, dense, with reduced airflow causing it to retain and build up of heat. ClevaFoam® is made with an open cell structure thereby making it lighter, more breathable, with reduced heat retention.
What age is ClevaFoam® suitable from and to?
ClevaFoam® products can be used from birth, with the upper age limit depending on the product ClevaFoam® is used in. For example, the ClevaFoam® Baby Pillow can be used from birth but the Toddler Pillow is not recommended before 12 months. The ClevaSleep® Plus Elevated Support is also made out of ClevaFoam® and can be used until the baby starts moving in their sleep, usually at around 5-6 months (this will vary from baby to baby).
Is ClevaFoam® itself washable and if so how?
Hand wash using a mild detergent, allow to air dry on a flat surface.
Is ClevaFoam® breathable?
Yes, because of the manufacturing process and the open cell structure ClevaFoam® is breathable.
Is the cover washable?
Absolutely! The cover is like any other pillow case and can be hand washed according to the instructions on the care label.
What material is the cover?
The cover is made from 100% polyester.
Are all ClevaFoam® products lined?
Yes, all products have a lining. Depending on the product, some are waterproof and some have structure covers.